Who would have thought I'd be using Our Fair Baby again- for another baby?!
I am 17 weeks along, and boy is it different this time. The main difference is that I am more calm, knowing a little more about what to expect. With James, I really struggled with the type of birth I wanted. I found the first little scratch paper I would take to my then doctor, and it had all the things I didn't want: To be confined to the bed, an epidural that doesn't allow me to walk, continuous fetal monitoring, a urinary catheter, IV's, to stay overnight, etc. This was my first indication that I didn't want a hospital birth. But I didn't know that I had any other options. Thank goodness I found my midwife, who gave me the type of care I wanted and deserved. So for Round Two, I've been seeing the same midwife, and there is no internal struggle about what I want or don't want. It's such a relief.
Anyhow, so far, so good here. I've gained 3 pounds since the beginning (but it feels like 15). Baby looks great. Genetics blood tests all turned out negative (which is good). I had some pretty bad morning sickness (nausea only) from weeks 7-12. It stopped for a few weeks, but I've been feeling slightly yucky for about a week or so-- I sure hope morning sickness hasn't returned. That's the worst, and I didn't have it with James. I am still eating well and exercising 5-6 days a week, so that really helps me feel good.
We're going in for our Fetal Anatomy Scan next week- I'll post pics then. I am really torn on having ultrasounds. They haven't really been proven to be safe, and some studies show that the waves actually change the makeup of the baby (in total plain English). I am just going to ask for it to be short and abdominal (they don't need to do vaginal ultrasounds, which I didn't know until I met the US tech who works at my midwife's). I am pretty sure this will be the last one (I had one earlier).


2 comments:
Yay congrats on baby 2. I'm guessing u r having a girl. I have 3 other friends prego with their 1st and all were sick til week 13,and they are all having girls. Good luck and let me know when u find out. :). Jen
We are so thrilled and just can't wait!! Xoxoxo
Post a Comment