our fair baby

Jenny & Robert's journey in parenthood!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Grandma Velva Ann Higgins 1915-2009

My grandma (my mom's mom) Velva passed away healthy and peacefully on March 21, 2009. She was 94 years old, and fortunate enough to have a wonderful family of 2 children, 7 grandchildren, and 9 (and a half!) great-grandchildren.

I will always remember her as being strong-willed, opinionated, loving, generous, and funny. Living on Balboa Island, she would take daily walks and loved talking to the neighbors and petting all the island kitties! She was very interested in healing ailments through food and supplements, and made a huge impact on my life and my love of nutrition.

She will be greatly missed, and I am sad that she will never get to meet my son. But I am happy to know that some of her genes will live on through him, and hopefully I can pass down to him some of the wonderful things she taught me in my life.

We had a nice family get together after her service last week. She would have loved it!


(Brother-in-law Tim, Robert and sister Susan)

(Siblings and their husbands: Craig, Maura, Robert, Me, Susan, Tim)
(Tim and my Aunt Paula- Dad's sister)

(My cousins: Gabrielle and Carissa)


(Only some of the 3 generations of family!)

(Nephews Aeon and Nicky with my dad. The photo was totally dark, so I had to lighten it, which accounts for the bad quality!)

No comments: